Terms of Service
- The Client must read, understand and agree to the below terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By accepting these Terms of Service and making a payment the Client agrees to the below terms.
- Prices are subject to change at any time before payment is made according to scope of work (factors such as size, medium, deadlines, number of deliverables/elements and complexity affect pricing).
- All commissions are approved on a case by case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject a commission for any reason or cancel a commission under any circumstances. This includes but is not limited to poor communication or inappropriate behaviour.
- All communications will be done via email only to ensure communication is consolidated. Telegram may be considered in specific instances.
- Currency accepted is ZAR and can be paid through PayPal or EFT / bank transfer. International payments can be made via PayPal or Swift Transfer.
- Payment terms for commissions are split 50% upfront and 50% upon approval of preliminary sketches, before delivery of final work.
- All work requires initial deposit payment of 50% for work to begin.
Process & Delivery
- After discussing the scope of your project you will receive a quote. Once you are happy I will send you a Contract and Invoice for the initial deposit. Work on the project begins once you have signed and returned the Contract, together with proof of payment.
- The time it takes to finish a commission varies from 1 to 8 weeks depending on factors such as availability, scope of work, the complexity of the commissioned piece and other work.
- Once a traditional commissioned piece is finished it will be packed and shipped to specified delivery address. Delivery takes 2 – 5 days. For digital artwork the Client will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size if needed.
- After the initial payment has been made the Artist will create a preliminary sketch to make sure the Client’s vision is matched, and small adjustments can be made at this stage. The Client may request up to 2 rounds of revisions. Any further requests for changes may be subject to additional fees.
- Once the sketch is approved the final piece will begin. Please note that changes cannot be made once this phase has begun. The Client will receive updates as the piece progresses.
- If the Client still wishes to change something previously approved, the Client will be charged an additional fee for starting over. The extra charge depends on the changes desired and the extra time required.
Copyright & Usage
- I, Yonita (the artist):
- reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork.
- will not profit further from the commissioned artwork unless you (the client) break any of the terms.
- reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications such as art books.
- You (the client/customer/commissioner):
- for private commissioned pieces may upload the a low resolution commissioned artwork on any website and social channels with credit given to the Artist.
- may NOT make profits from the commissioned pieces and illustrations unless explicitly agreed to in the Contract (reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints, etc.)
- may NOT alter artwork or illustrations without the Artist’s consent.
- may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
- The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Altering the artwork without the Artist’s consent
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- The upfront 50% payment is non-refundable.
- If the Client wishes to cancel a commission during the preliminary sketch phase, the final 50% payment will be ceded.
- If the client wishes to cancel a commission after approval of the preliminary sketch phase, no refund will be available.
- If for any reason the Artist is unable to start the Client’s commission the Client will receive a full refund.
- If the client qualifies for a refund the Client must not request a Paypal chargeback. The Artist will transfer the money back to the Client.
- Requesting a Paypal chargeback at any point not in accordance with this refund policy will result in the loss of all the Client’s aforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and the Artist will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. The chargeback will be declined and Paypal will receive the correspondence surrounding the commission as evidence of completed work. Furthermore, the Client will be blacklisted from requesting further commissions.
What You Get
- Preliminary and final sketches of commissioned piece for approval
- Updates on the progression of the artwork
- For traditional artwork: an original, signed, unframed, unless otherwise stated, artwork on high quality paper. For digital artwork: a full-resolution file (approx. 148 x 210 mm printed size, unless otherwise stated, at 300 DPI or higher) of final drawing and a low resolution version for upload. Final file formats are usually PNG, JPEG or PDF depending on your request. [Deliverables and formats are based on the requirements of the project. What is stipulated and agreed upon in the Contract is final. Reasonable changes may be charged for accordingly.]